Design, logistics, budget, and choice of contractor are all essential elements to consider when remodeling a bathroom. To ensure convenience, look for an area that is 3 to 4 feet wide and 6 to 8 feet long. It is also important to check local codes for additional requirements and the TOH details on dimensions and free spaces. The wiring in pre-war home bathrooms is likely to have been worn down due to years of high-power hair drying. For a successful remodel, it is important to find a reliable St. Augustine Remodeler who can provide quality service and materials.
To ensure safety, it is important to not only change GFCI outlets but also replace the wiring with a dedicated 20-amp circuit and plenty of outlets for all the devices you use. When selecting lighting fixtures, try to see them in action before buying them to ensure that the quantity and quality of the light are sufficient. Additionally, bathrooms should be easy to clean, withstand harsh chemicals, and have an attractive appearance.When remodeling a bathroom, there are 10 essential factors to consider:
- Planning Your Bathroom Remodel - Think about what led you to make the decision to do a bathroom remodel and what you hope to achieve at the end of it. Keep in mind that remodeling a bathroom is one of the most expensive renovations per square foot of a home.
- Look and Feel of Materials - Knowing where to save and where to spend money on high-quality materials is key when getting the most out of a bathroom remodel.
- Wet Bathroom Approach - A wet bathroom approach allows you to fit more in a smaller room if you're remodeling or adding a bathroom to your home.
- Including a Bathtub - If you're someone who takes full advantage of the relaxation that a bathtub can provide, then including it in your bathroom remodel is recommended.
- Bathroom Remodel Schedule - Check how you would include inspections within your schedule even if you don't stay in the bathroom.
- Accessibility - Considering accessibility when remodeling your bathroom can be an easy and proactive step.
- Labor Costs - Home and bathroom remodeling can cost as much as you leave, so having a solid budget is important.
- How You Use the Bathroom? - Answering this question depends on which bathroom is the focus of your remodeling project.
With our expertise we can help you make sure that your bathroom remodel is done right from start to finish.